The Sunny Side Cafe
We started in 2003 as a breakfast & lunch joint featuring oganic coffee, organic greens, Farms fresh eggs, certified humanely-raised natural meats and sustainably caught fish. In 2009, we opened a second location at 2136 Oxford and Center Streets in Berkeley, across from the UC Berkeley campus.
IN AN EFFORT TO REDUCE OUR IMPACT ON THE ENVIRONMENT, WE’VE TAKEN THESE STEPS:
- To reduce food waste, we have reduced our standard portion of homefries. Please ask your server for more complimentary fries if you like.
- In order to conserve, we only serve water upon request.
- We compost all of our food scraps, in addition to recycling paper, cans, and bottles.
- We’ve switched to low-energy fluorescent lighting throughout
- We use and support our local vendors
- The menu now highlights our “Low Carbon Emission” options
3 Time Winner! Best Breakfast/Brunch Restaurant (East Bay Express Readers Poll)